Thursday, September 10, 2009

Gwyenth's Birth Story

Gwyneth Elle arrived at 36 weeks exactly :)

Sunday, September 6, 2009 @ 9:32 am weighing in at a whopping 6 lbs 1.5 ounces (8 ounces bigger than even her term brother!) She's 18" long and doing great, nursing well and loving cloth :D The nurses were crazy about the diapers as well :D

As for delivery. It was great, well aside from the whole pain part :D

We went in around 1 am Sunday. I've been having contractions since early last week, and then saw my doctor Friday and was sitting at 3.5 cm. I'd had more contractions Saturday night and after water, sleeping and bathing, they didn't stop. They weren't terribly close together, but being early, we decided to go ahead in. I progressed slowly and comfortably though the night, but I was too far along for them to send me home.

At about 8:20 am my water broke. Things went fast from there.

I had a great nurse, and she helped my husband and I with positions to help relieve the pain and ease delivery. He was a HUGE help and it was amazing having him there to help me :) He was there before, but I'd never used any of these techniques before :)

They called the doctor to come in when they thought I was close to delivering, but evidently they didn't expect me to go quite so fast. Even though he lives just a few minutes from the hospital, it wasn't close enough. My contractions got on top of one another. The first, there was a slight (but controllable) urge to push. The next 2 weren't so controllable. The 4th was it! I was on my knees, backwards on the bed leaning against the back (it was upright) to help relieve some of the pressure. They wanted me to turn around before she came, but there was no stopping :) My nurse delivered and baby was crying and oh my goodness she was kicking up a storm when they were holding her. She was quite lively :)

I got to spend 2 days getting rest, changing diapers, chatting with nurses (I love those ladies!) and enjoying this little one :) Our son loves her, and came up to me and hugged me and thanked me for giving him a baby sister. Our daughter is loving her too. She keeps kissing her head when I let her anywhere near her. She does however want to point out her facial features and isn't quite gentle enough, so I've gotta watch her :D My husband is over the moon, as am I :)

It's SO good to be home :) We've been home for two full days now and it's slowly getting to normal :) The kids are still adjusting, but they're calming down and getting use to things :)

So far, so good :)

At the hospital :)

First day home :)

Little fluffy butt!

0 comments:

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family