Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Product Testing :)

So, I placed an order with drugstore.com last week and Monday, I got a box full of goodies. For an Earth Day promotion, they were giving away a Seventh Generation reusable shopping bag full of natural and/or organic goodies. How could I resist?

I've decided that since I get to try all of the goodies, I should let someone else know how I like them :) I got a lot of goodies and as I get to them, I'll post :) I hope you like this.

First Up! Yes to Carrots Organic Lip Butter

I really, really, really like this stuff. I've been using it for a couple of days now and it is so silky smooth and check out this ingredients list:

Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Cera Alba (Beeswax)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Flavor, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Limonene*,Tocopherol, Citral*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citronellol*, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis(Orange) Peel Extract*, Cucumis Melo Cantalupensis (Melon) Seed Extract*, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract*, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract*, Eugenol*. *Organic

It's really great because most lip balms don't last long on my lips for some reason and I applied this, ran around the house, left and realized that 'wow, my lips are still so soft'. This is great stuff and while I'm reviewing a freebie, I will be buying this product when it's gone!

Rating:

Next up is L 'A' RABAR - Key Lime Pie Flavored Fruit and Nut Bar

I was excited to try this because I do love my fruit and nut bars. However, I have to say that I did not like this. It had an awful texture. It was mooshy and way too moist for my taste. The flavor was okay, thought I'm not a fan of this particular flavor, for what it was, it was okay. I really think I would have enjoyed it more had it not been so wet and verging on slimy :\

I ended up giving the rest to my 4 year old, because he wants whatever Mommy has.

Maybe I'll get a chance to try a different flavor at some point, but that wasn't really the problem. It was all about texture for me on this one.

Rating:

Finally, we have the Zone Perfect Nutrition Bar - Dark Chocolate Cookies N' Creme

Overall I liked this. Admittedly, I'm not a nutrition bar eater, but I've tried a few :) Biting into this one reminded me of a piece of chocolate cake as far as flavor went. I really liked it. It had a mostly nice texture, and only a hint of vitamin flavor. Compared to most, this was really good. The only thing I would say is that it could be a bit more moist. There were bits of 'cookie' inside and nothing to really balance out that crunchiness :)

Rating:

1 comments:

Megan on April 29, 2009 at 5:49 PM said...

I can't believe that you don't like Lara bars-we love them! My husband takes them in his lunch all the time!! We like the apple pie and the banana ones the best.

Newer Older Home
 
Copyright © 2010 The Eco-Friendly Family